My sister and I took the ferry across to Balboa Island in February. There were lots of beautiful boats to photograph. My favorite is the little red rowboat. Nearly 50 years ago, Bill and I had a boat, not one like any of these that I photographed at Balboa Island a few weeks ago, but a 17 foot inboard outboard for waterskiing. The hardest part of this layout was trying to blend an old photo with current photos.
Use a Template
- Open template 6 from FotoInspired Template Pack No. 2M.
- Drag the layers to a new blank 12×12 page.
- Reduce the template size to 85%.
- Adjust photos in Lightroom.
- Clip photos to masks.
Use Artsy Transfers
- Create composites of Artsy Transfers Sea Life, files 2 and 5 by clicking command+option+shift+E after selecting all layers of each psd file.
- Clip each composite to mask below text and adjust position.
- Place old photo and use blending brushes to blend it into the transfers.
Build a Cluster
- From ArtPlay Palette Sea Life place sand and boat.
- Stamp file 4 from SeaShells No. 1 on a new blank layer.
- Add wooden word art from Beach WordART Mix No. 2.
Yes, that is me skiing behind our boat in the old blended photo below the text.