In a time of staggering joblessness, illness and death, I find it hard to focus on the positive. Yet this afternoon, I experienced a few moments of joy working with Anna’s new palette, ArtPlay Palette Rainbow. Maybe it’s the colors or the thoughts of possibilities suggested by a rainbow.
Create a Composite of Photos
To create this page, I combined two photos that I captured at Lauritzen Gardens in 2018.
- Blend photo of rainbow display and large fish, resizing and masking as needed. Duplicate and change the second copies to Hard Light.
- Place transfer 4 from ArtPlay Palette Rainbow. Rotate and enlarge about 10%. Use it as a clipping mask for the photos.
- Duplicate the transfer and change the blend mode to Color.
- Adjust the blending and positioning of the photos.
- Make a composite of these layers to use to create the rest of the layout.
Clip Composite to FotoBlendz Mask
- Open file 2 from Rainbow FotoBlendz No. 1.
- Place above solid paper 1 from ArtPlay Palette Rainbow.
- Clip the composite to the fotoblendz mask. Adjust the positioning.
- Duplicate copies of composite. Change the blend mode of the first copy to Soft Light at 75% and the second copy to Hard Light at 50%.
- Reposition some of the glows to emphasize the rainbow colors in the photos.
- Arrange and place three copies of the splatters above the fotoblendz mask layers.
- Below the mask layers place three copies of Overlay 3 from ArtPlay Palette Rainbow.
- Place the Texture Overlay from ArtPlay Palette Rainbow.