This layout was inspired by content in Anna’s class, Advanced Brushes, as well as her class, aAYear of ArtPlay. After finishing the videos from lesson 1, I sat down to play with some of the ideas from class. All I wanted to do was practice so I would remember some of the new information. I didn’t intend to create a new page. However, the brush play led to another idea that I picked up from the February lesson of aA ArtPlay. Before I knew it I had created this layout with one photo, a new brush from Countryside Brushes No. 2, Artsy Transfers Moorlands, MultiMedia Leaves No. 6 and ArtPlay Palette Moorlands. Sometimes, artplay is like that, one idea leads to another and then another.
I will admit that I tend to just use the png versions of Anna’s brushes, well except for her AnnaBlendz brushes. After uploading the new brushes, I stamped brush 4 on a new blank layer and clipped my photo to the brush. I chose this one because I thought the watercolor look of the lower part would work with the water in my photo and I liked the dominant horizontal line in the brush. There is also a pretty texture on the left that is a little hard to see on the white background. I did enlarge the brush a little with the bracket keys before stamping it on a new layer.
Then I placed a duplicate copy of the photo, linked to the original, below the brush and original photo. I added an inverted mask to my duplicate and stamped with the same brush, using white for as the foreground color, on the black mask. I changed the blend mode of that photo copy to multiply. To fill in the upper space, I used a brush from AnnaBlendz Artsy No. 5. The blending brush I chose is quite open so I left my opacity at 100% and stamped in the area above the lake to bring back in the trees and bicyclist.
Next, I dragged the layers of file 1 from Artsy Transfers Moorlands. I turned off three layers and adjusted the color with a hue and saturation layer to work with my photo. I love the flexibility available with psd layers of Anna’s transfers.
I then placed a fotoglow above the photo layers and changed the blend mode to overlay at 40% in order to lighten the area around the bicyclist.
Finally, I added the psd layers of file 4 from MultiMedia Leaves No. 6 and adjusted the color of the leaves with a hue and saturation layer. With a subtitle below a word art from Scenic WordART No. 1 and another copy of the fotoglow on normal at 50%, I finished my page.
I am not going to add any journaling, after all, this layout was just supposed to be a few minutes of practicing with class material. Now that I have finished a page, I will print it for an album and remember how much I enjoy on going learning. I’m already looking forward to the next lesson in Anna’s Advanced Brushes that comes out later today!!!