At the moment, we are dealing with a sewer backup that flooded our daughter’s basement and the reconstruction entailed. So I am very grateful that I already have a plan for this project. As I explained last week, I am using a template provided in Anna’s Heritage Live class. In addition, I am using fotoblendz overlays and masks, artsy transfers and frames from templates.
I had already clipped the solid paper 3 from ArtPlay Palette Elysium to both masks. I placed overlay 3 from FotoBlendz Overlays No. 12 on the right side and clipped my focal photo to it. I reduced the size of both the photo and mask.
Note: I darkened parts with a brush directly on the mask and lightened other parts on a layer mask once I knew where I was going to place the text.
I then placed the frames from template 16 of Hipster Plume Template Album No. 1.
Note: I am selecting the frames based on the design I want with the mask I use. That way I don’t have to make adjustments, although I did reduce the size of the frames just a little.
I clipped my photos to the masks.
Note: Because I am clipping everything to the page mask, I cannot use adjustment layers on my photos as I normally do because those layers affect the entire page. So I am duplicating some photos to apply a blend mode like soft light for example.
I created the title and list subtitle.
Below the fotoblendz overlay, I placed the layers of file 4 from Artsy Transfers Elysium. I added a layer mask to one layer and reduced the opacity of a couple of others so that my text was more readable.
I’m enjoying remembering our stories.