Kate gave me this gnome for Mother’s Day a couple of two years ago. She used to sit on the porch and play with him. Both of us were sad when he broke. Remember him Kate.
Extractions are part of my style. I use the technique frequently. There are also products I use often to create my style of digital scrapbook pages, for example the Artsy Transfers that Anna Aspnes creates from the paper in her ArtPlay Palettes. This page combines an extraction, a brush and layers from three different transfers available in Artsy Transfers Veranda.
Brush and Extraction
- Stamp brush 1 from Garden No. 1 on a new blank layer in black. Change the blend mode to Linear Burn at 100%.
- Place photo and reduce size to fit in front of the brush layer. Extract using the Object Selection Tool which is available in Photoshop CC.
- Add a custom shadow.
Artsy Transfer 4
- Place the layers of transfer 4 from Artsy Transfers Veranda below the brush.
- Arrange and delete layers as needed.
Artsy Transfers 1
- Place the layers of file 1 from Artsy Transfers Veranda below file 1.
- Arrange, recolor and delete layers as needed. Note I only used 4 of the transfer layers.
Artsy Transfer 3
- Place the layers of file 3 from Artsy Transfers Veranda.
- Adjust the position of the layers to create a block of stripes. Delete layers as needed.
Duplicate Layers to Fill White Space
- Place two layers from file 1 of Artsy Transfers Veranda.
- Adjust position and mask to fill the space.
- Add png mask 1 from Veranda FotoBlendz No. 1. Reduce size and rotate. Clip photo of balloon flowers to mask and position.