Wide blue tape marks where to stand for check out, barriers funnel people away from one another, black taped lines with arrows indicate one way aisles and special shopping hours for seniors encourage social distancing in an effort to flatten the curve. I try to shop as little as possible and wear a mask when I do go out. I appreciate the efforts that stores are making to protect everyone. However, it feels weird to take photos of signs now when I would like to be out capturing some tulips.
Design with a Brush
I began planning this page with a brush of the virus. It’s large, but right now this pandemic feels large as it consumes my life. Finishing the page was easy.
- Stamp brush 5 from Pandemic No. 1 on a new blank document. Change the blend mode to Linear Burn at 100%
- Place a text box from WaterColor Template Album No. 9 to the right of the brush.
- Continue the vertical line from text box with file 8 from COVID-19 WordART Mix No. 1.
Color Brush with ArtsyKardz
Use the jpeg versions of ArtsyKardz Disquiet MultiPack to add color to the brush file.
- Duplicate brush 5 and change the blend mode to Linear Blend. This copy will serve as the pattern for the ArtsyKardz layers.
- Place jpeg file 1 from ArtsyKardz Disquiet MultiPack just below the top brush copy. Change the blend mode to Multiply with the opacity set to 100%. Use the warp tool to fit it to the shape of the brush.
- Next, place the jpeg file 2 on the left of the brush.
- Return to the top copy of the brush and use the Lasso Tool to make a rough copy of the left side of the brush. With the marching ants still active, click the jpeg file 2 layer and then the add a new layer mask. An inverted mask will appear. Leave the blend mode for this layer on Normal.
- Add a Gaussian blur to the layer, about 20px.
- Repeat process with another copy of jpeg file 2 for the part of the brush on the right. Change the blend mode to Linear Burn and reduce opacity to 75%.
- Place frames from file 17 from WaterColor Template Album No. 9.
- Clip photos to frames.
Initially, I thought that I’d use the sold gray paper from ArtPlay Palette Disquiet and only add Artsy Transfers. But after playing I realized that Artsy Paper 4 provided a nice background for my journaling and blended well with the brush.
Open psd file 8 from COVID-19 WordART Mix No. 1.
- Drag layers just below text boxes.
- Use the warp tool to fit the thread to the photo grouping.
- Move the letters back into place on the thread.
Create a visual triangle of color
- Place layers of file 5 from ArtsyTransfers Disquiet to the right of the title.
- Reduce the opacity of the paper layer to 50%.