I’ve been vacationing with family, remembering old memories and making some new ones. Five years is a long time in the life of a little boy. Corbin began asking about returning to Wisconsin Dells just after Christmas this year. It’s a simple story that he remembered, feeding and petting the deer. Corbin added to his stories about Wisconsin Dells this year, a new memory of riding on a big tube behind a boat, something he wasn’t big enough to do five years ago. I’ll have to add that new story to another book.
On this page, I used the things I love: the clean look of a white background, photos clipped to FotoBlendz masks and simple designs.
Clip Photo to Mask
- Place solid paper 1 from ArtPlay Palette Axiom.
- Above the paper, place .png file mask 4 from Axiom FotoBlendz No. 1.
- Increase the mask size to 125%.
- Clip photo to mask layer.
- Below the mask, place the Silver Paint from ArtPlay Palette Axiom.
- Next stamp brush 9 in black and position on the top right. Change the blend mode to Linear Blend at 75%.
- Stamp brush 6 on the top left and change the blend mode to Linear Burn at 100% opacity.
- Stamp brush 9 in a larger size on the lower left. Change the blend mode to Linear Burn and reduce the opacity to 75%.
- Below brush layers, place Transfer 2 from ArtPlay Palette Axiom.
- Positon Splatter Overlay 1 below the photo layers.
- On the left, place Overlay 1. Duplicate the layer and change the blend mode to Overlay so that it will show up better on the light background.
Use Brush to Create Second Focal Area
- Drag the .png version of brush 5 from NoteBook No. 4. Reduce the size and position just above the photo layers.
- Place FotoBlendz 8, available in the AnnaRelease 26 July 2019. Reduce the size to fit the notebook page.
- Clip older photo to the mask.
Note: I used the warp tool to adjust the mask to fit my photo.
Add Journaling, Button, Thread and Dates
- Write journaling. Tilt to follow the angle of the notebook brush.
- Place “story” file from Axiom WordART Mix No. 1.
- Below that, place “beautifully simple” file.
- Then place the word transfer Axiom file. Change the blend mode to Darken at 50% opacity.
- Place the Dark Blue Button from ArtPlay Palette Axiom.
- Tack it down with thread 9 from Knotted UrbanThreadz No. 1.
Simple pages that tell a story are my favorites.