With Kate in second grade now and me at home, it isn’t easy to stay in touch. I try to message or Facetime with her everyday just to see what’s happening. We had a longer conversation than usual on Wednesday which continued on Friday. Poor baby, she wanted a dog for her birthday, a little Pomeranian.
Design to Accommodate Story
- Place the dialogue of messaging with Kate on the left.
- Place layers of file 4 from Embers FotoBlendz No. 1 on the right for a photo.
- Position journaling below photo on the right.
Note: I changed screenshots of dialogue from my iPhone to black and white in Lightroom before cutting and pasting them together. I then created a composite and added a Hue and Saturation Layer to give the screenshots a warmer look. I changed the blend mode to Linear Burn.
Clip Photo to FotoBlendz Layers
- Clip first photo to mask from Embers Fotoblendz No. 1.
- Duplicate photo, link and clip to other layers of mask.
- Place Solid Paper 2 from ArtPlay Palette Embers. Reduce the opacity to 50%.
- Below the Solid Paper 2, place solid paper 1 at 100%.
- Above both papers, place Transfer 1 from ArtPlay Palette Embers. Mask as needed to ensure photo is clearly visible.
- Place the layers of file 1 from MultiMedia Branches No. 17. Turn off the rose.
- Place the heart, bead and thread from file 4 above the branch.
- Add word art from Embers WordART Mix No. 1.
- Add the butterfly from ArtPlay Palette Embers.
- Place small sketch of dog below the elements. Change the blend mode to Linear Burn at 50%.