Photo Storify

Photos, Stories and Scrapbooking

Month: February 2020

A Photo and a Transfer

One of the things that Kate and Corbin like to do when they spend the night is to explore the wooded area just beyond the pond. On our way back from our walk, they plopped down on the grass and posed for me. I didn’t hesitate to capture some shots in the fading light.

Last fall while on sabbatical, I bought ArtPlay Palette Verdure hoping to have the opportunity after finishing my book project to use the beautiful leaf transfer that was included in the palette. That’s how I began this page.

Place Transfer and FotoBlendz Mask

Note: I masked out a portion of a copy of the mask in order to change the color of my grandson’s shirt.

Add Overlays and Artsy Transfers
Place Splatters, Word Art and Journaling
  • Stamp black splatters on new blank layers just below the photo.
  • Place the components of title from Verdure WordART Mix No. 1.
  • Add journaling.

Magnolias

My week in California was wonderful, definitely an inspiration for my photography. I captured these magnolia blooms on a large old tree in a friend’s backyard; what an absolutely stunning display they presented. I wanted to showcase one photo with a sun flare.

Clip Photo to a Frame
  • Open file 2 from FramedMasks No. 5.
  • Edit the photo in Lightroom before exporting it to Photoshop. Reduce the photo size and clip it to the mask.
  • Clip a larger copy of the same photo to the mask layer of the psd file and line up with the small photo.
Create Background for Framed Photo
  • Export a second photo of magnolias to Photoshop, something with a different perspective.
  • Add an inverted mask to the photo. Using brushes from ArtPlay Palette Magoa bring back in the right side of the photo. Using white as the foreground color reveals on a black mask.
  • Duplicate the photo and angle on the left side to create the effect of the tree. Add another inverted mask. Set the foreground color to white and use brushes from ArtPlay Palette Magoa to bring back in part of the branches.
Experiment

I spent most of my time working with this photo on a white background, but it wasn’t working. I experimented.

A change in the background color made all the difference for this photo.

Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén