Photography is important to me, especially capturing family and flowers. I enjoy working on improving my camera skills. In fact, my photographs are the reason I create scrapbook pages. Without them, I don’t think I would create any pages. There are lots of other reasons for creating scrapbook pages, but for me, I primarily create pages so that I can share my photos whether just as they come out of the camera or altered as a piece of art.

I know that I prefer simple designs that showcase most of my photos. So if this page looks similar to others I have completed, it is because I am collating them to create a book that I hope to eventually publish.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Although this post is a review of my process using Anna’s FotoInspired Templates, I would like to share a few things that I am experimenting with as I work with the templates.

For this two page spread I began with template 9 from Anna’s new release FotoInspired Template Pack No. 2F. After dragging the template’s layers to a new 24×12 inch document, I reduced the size of all the layers to about 85%.

Next, I placed solid paper 1 from ArtPlay Palette Autumn Soul. Below the paper, I tucked a photo on the left and adjusted it’s position to fill a 12×12 space. Note: I have selected 3-4 solid whites that I am alternating in this book.

Then I clipped photos to the smaller masks, trying to balance the different photo perspectives. Note: I photograph in both jpeg and raw. For this book, I am processing the raw files. However, even after clipping them to the masks, I often add a levels adjustment layer on blending mode soft light and adjust the opacity.

To create a background for the textbox, I clipped solid paper 3 and two transfers from ArtPlay Palette Spring Due to the mask. Above that, I placed file 3 from MultiMedia Spring No. 1 and file 4 from MultiMedia Spring No. 4. I used the psd files so that I could recolor the flowers. I adjusted the text box and wrote a little journaling. Note: I created a video using this process which you can view here.

I have been experimenting with different products for the background behind the template’s small frames. On this page, I placed the same psd layers of file 4 from MultiMedia Spring No. 4 on the right edge. I recolored the flower, the leaves and an artstroke.

Previously, I’ve used lace, fotoinspired edge templates and stains below the template. For this page, I stamped on new layers with brushes from ArtsyPaint No. 10 in a green to match the tulip leaves.

I finished my page with a button from ArtPlay Palette Whimsy, thread 11 from ButtonThreadz No. 2, a title and the date. Note: So far I have used the same font, Molly Script for the page titles.

I’m enjoying creating these pages, the consistency of template format and the experimentation they allow. Now I need to get out again with my camera to see if I can find some more flowers to capture.

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave