Kate is very serious about her play. When she says “talk about it” or directs saying “play with me”, that means let’s pretend play now! Every time we repeat the lines of a story we’ve read together or stop to examine something interesting, she is learning as she plays. It has been quite a while since we’ve walked out to the little bridge on the creek among the trees beyond the pond. The area was covered with dandelion seed heads on Thursday.

Every time we go out on an adventure together, I’m playing and learning too. I play with Kate and learn a little more about how to work more quickly with my camera to capture our moments together. I’m very grateful for the time with Kate and for a process that allows me to bring together some photos to create another story page. We are both very serious about our play. Today, I share part of my Photoshop play with some photos that I captured on an adventure Thursday afternoon.

I began this page with a composite of a photo and the psd layers of file 3 from MultiLayered FotoBlendz No. 7 and AnnaBlendz Artsy Brushes No. 8. I made adjustments to the large mask and clipped the composite to that layer. I duplicated the composite and clipped it to the other fotoblendz layers.

Note: Near the bottom of the layer’s panel is the folder that contains the original layers I used to create this composite. They are all linked. I sent a copy of the original photo to Topaz Simplify to get the painterly look for the background and attached a layer mask to that copy and masked out my granddaughter to allow the original photo of just her to show through. There is also another layer on soft light above the Simplify and original layers.

I used the same process using file 4 from Multilayered FotoBlendz No. 7 for the second photo. This time, I turned off two of the layers that didn’t work with my photo’s placement. I again made some adjustments directly on the mask as well as an attached layer mask with AnnaBlendz Artsy No. 8.

Next, I placed the layers of templates 4 and 5 from WaterColor Template Album No 4. While I used primarily the frames, I also used a texture and recolored the stains on template 4. I used the same photo treatment on all the framed photos. To create the out of bounds effect, I duplicated the photo layer and moved it above the frame. I stamped with brushes from ArtsyStains No. 3 to fill in the area.

For more depth I added png files from Spackle Textured No. 6. I stamped a paper texture from Paper Textures No. 3 on a new blank layer. I used brush files from MiniDots No. 1 to create the look of dandelion seeds blowing in the wind.

Finally, I incorporated my title with the layers of MultiMedia Suns No. 1, added another dandelion and wrote my journaling.

I think one could say that I have definitely been seriously playing this weekend.