It’s hard to get back to scrapbooking after nearly three weeks of the non stop activity involved in moving. So I was glad to see a new template album set, Travel Template Album No. 3, this week. I simply chose photos from one of the collections that I had created in Lightroom to create another page for my book. That proved to be just enough of a project to rekindle my creativity this weekend.

On the left, I placed the layers of template 6 and the layers from template 7 on the right. I deleted the stains in the middle, the postage and some of the word art and script. Note: I made a few adjustments to the fotoblendz masks to accommodate my photos after I clipped them to the masks.

Next, I clipped my photos to the fotoblendz and framed masks. I added adjustment layers to improve the look of my photos. I considered color when I placed the photos, i.e. Owen’s red shirt, to help move the eye across the page.

To fill in the gutter of my page, I first, repositioned a copy of the large photo on the left and used an inverted mask to bring back in just my youngest grandson rolling on the grass by stamping with white on the black mask. He was actually on the left side of that photo, but didn’t show in the fotoblendz mask. Next, I duplicated the original photo clipped to the mask but did not change it’s position as I had with the part of my youngest grandson. Instead, I linked it to the original, attached an inverted layer mask and stamped brush 8 from ArtsyPaint No. 9 directly on the mask to extend the scene. Finally, I extracted my grandson’s leg by placing a copy of the photo above the frame and revealing just his leg with a round brush on an inverted mask. I gave the extraction a custom shadow and erased as needed.

I placed my title in basically the same position as the word art included with the template set. I also added file 5 from MultiMedia Suns No. 1. I placed the layers to emphasize the direction of the light in the photos on the left and on the right. It’s not perfect, but gives the feel of the sun’s direction in most of the photos. I also placed two word art labels from ArtPlay Palette Traveler for a little more interest.

This page came together so easily; it was a perfect project when you are pressed for time but still want to make progress on a book or to create something. To be honest, I was disappointed with these photos when I imported them from my camera to Lightroom. Yet, I think the template helped me crop and arrange them to tell the story of our visit to a new exhibit at the zoo on a very hot summer morning in July. So I’ve decided that the photos were better than I thought!

SaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave